AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

how does Dynamic Search ads determine inventory information

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I would like to use Dynamic Search Ads but I am not sure how will Google determine which product are out of Stock as on the website it would just say Contact for Availability or Available. I do not want my users to land on a product page with which is out of stock. 

Kindly help    

Re: how does Dynamic Search ads determine inventory information

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Anuj,

Google won't determine your inventory information. It won't suggest any idea that your products are out of stocks. You only have the control to manage your campaign as per stock availability.

I would suggest you to make different adgroups for each category products and pause them if the products are out of stock. And if your products are available you can resume it.

I hope it helps you.

Thanks!

Anand Vishwakarma

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Anuj M !

I would like to add to Avish's advice that you can read this page

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2471185?hl=en

especially this section

Control your campaign. You can show ads based on your entire website, or specific categories or pages. Or, prevent your ads from showing for products that are temporarily out-of-stock.

And this section

You're still in control. With Dynamic Search Ads, you control the dynamic ad targets, ad templates, bids, and your budget. You can use negative keywords, like free or returns, just like with traditional campaigns to avoid showing your ads on searches that don't convert into sales. And you can prevent advertising when specific words or phrases appear on the page, like temporarily out of stock or sold out, when you add dynamic ad target exclusions to block pages containing these words. You'll also get full reporting: see the headlines and landing pages of your ads, the ad generated, average clickthrough rate and cost-per-click, and conversion data.

So you could make different campaigns or just add those expressions to your page to automaticaly exclude those products. But a lot of stores offer "out of stock" products in order to pick-up more clients, and after a call-order they simply ask them if they are willing to wait a few days to receive the "out of stock" item.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I've answered to your "I am not sure how will Google determine which product are out of Stock"

but as a conclusion to your main concern :

"I do not want my users to land on a product page with which is out of stock. "

Just add "Out of stock" instead of "Contact for Availability" on the page for those products, that you don't want in your Dynamic Search Ads feed.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hiya,

here are a few more details about DSA...

1st if your product page isn't indexed by Google, there is a high chance that DSA won't work.

Taking this into consideration, it is very likely that in case your page is indexed, Google will have cached it and would work with the cached version to decide whether or not to fire a DSA for a specific query.

In that case if last time the Google's bot came on the page, the item was available, but is now out of stock, Google might still run DSA against it.

It is true though that negating items using negative targeting content="out of stock" can help for items that are and will stay out of stock. However, I don't know how your product page is built, but in case you have "recommendation carousels" that are automatically generated and displaying items based on a proximity algorithm, make sure you have a rule that prevents them from displaying out of stock items. Otherwise the negative "out of stock" targeting might exclude a perfectly usable target page (because of the out of stock items in the carousel), even though the main item is available.

Assuming that you went for a granular strategy of having 1 Ad Group per item (1 per MPN) ; The quickest way to automate the activation and deactivation of an Ad Group is to use AdWords scripts that will update your ad Group's status from your own product availability feed: https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/

hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers!