AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

how do you find out if 1 IP address is just clicking your paid ad?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do you see if 1 or several IP's are costing you money on a daily baises and then stop them from clicking in the future

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how do you find out if 1 IP address is just clicking your paid ad?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

You need to analyze your web server log to see the ip addresses of visitors who came through cpc.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

And you can Exclude those IPs which will prevent your ads from appearing on computers associated with those addresses.

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2456098?hl=en

My 2 Cents

Deepak

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

In addition to the good advice given here, let me add that you shouldn't be too quick to block an IP address just because it sends a lot of traffic to your website.  There are quite a few ISPs that have multiple users logging in to the internet from a single IP address. (AOL comes to mind--they're the largest ISP that does this. Thousands and thousands of internet users can share a single IP address.)

In general, the AdWords software is pretty sharp about identifying and eliminating "click fraud." When spotted, the cost of any fraudulent clicks will be credited back to your account.

Can you be more specific about why you don't feel the clicks you're getting are legitimate?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*