5.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

how do i know if my adwords are actually working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i just started using adwords, for my website www.vintageworldrocks.com It seems like I am getting tons of views but how do i know if my ads are tailored to the right people?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how do i know if my adwords are actually working

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Please read:

Understanding your campaign status

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722131

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: how do i know if my adwords are actually working

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi jworthen, if I'm reading you correctly you're asking about the people that visit your site rather than whether Adwords is actually running, right?

One of the best metrics for measuring customer engagement is the Bounce Rate.  The Bounce Rate is a measure of how many people leave your site after viewing only the page they land upon.  So, if your site has 20 pages and you have a high bounce rate (I'd consider anything above roughly 25% to be "high") then this may indicate you're getting a lot of visitors who are finding your site not relevant to their search or their needs.

Bear in mind that it could also indicate that your site is very slow to load, or has poor navigation or some other factor that "scares people away" so think about this as well.

Bounce rate is measured in Google Analytics, which I hope you're running and the really good news is that you can now import Bounce rate figures into Adwords directly, so you can see the data against each Keyword and Ad.  Here's how:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2617364

Note that your Adwords and Analytics accounts must be linked before you can do this.  There's a link at the top of this reference to how to do that.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits