2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

how do I improve "Top display sites" my first set is not good

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

NEWBIE I've just received my first report for a month. getting clicks, rate seems OK, .21

no sales. so I'd like to keep learning to get this to work. ( and yes, I've sold my "product" directly at shows, so I know there are some potential buyers for what I have )

the list of top display sites seems really poor. (listed below) what should I do to improve this? change settings to only The Search Network? does this list matter?

or somehow only target certain kinds of sites? I'm selling art and assume a good place to start might be interior design or such. ideas on this or other? thank you - Matthew

Top display sites

The partner sites where your ads received the most clicks and ad views.

likes.com
socwall.com
iphoneogram.com
phatory.net
answers.com

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matthew S
September 2015

Re: how do I improve "Top display sites" my first set is not

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Matthew and welcome,

I am assuming that you are referring to Google Display Network here.

It is certainly a best practice to target Display Network separately than the Search Network campaign. Now if you have already gathered data as in which all domains you are getting the traffic from, you should review and first see if they are really relevant to your business or not.

Another point is that you can include the domains as Managed Placements under your campaign so that you can specifically work on those domains and see the results.

Additionally, you can exclude the irrelevant domains at ad group or campaign level so that you tend to get targeted relevant traffic only.

You can also go for topic level targeting by choosing specific categories which are really relevant to your business.

Google Search Network is different from Display Network and I would suggest you to keep it separate.

You can also use Tools like Display Planner, Placement Tool to identify set of domains relevant to your business and then target them inside your campaign.

You can read more about optimizing your Display Network campaign in this reference:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549129?hl=en

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matthew S
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Matthew and welcome,

I am assuming that you are referring to Google Display Network here.

It is certainly a best practice to target Display Network separately than the Search Network campaign. Now if you have already gathered data as in which all domains you are getting the traffic from, you should review and first see if they are really relevant to your business or not.

Another point is that you can include the domains as Managed Placements under your campaign so that you can specifically work on those domains and see the results.

Additionally, you can exclude the irrelevant domains at ad group or campaign level so that you tend to get targeted relevant traffic only.

You can also go for topic level targeting by choosing specific categories which are really relevant to your business.

Google Search Network is different from Display Network and I would suggest you to keep it separate.

You can also use Tools like Display Planner, Placement Tool to identify set of domains relevant to your business and then target them inside your campaign.

You can read more about optimizing your Display Network campaign in this reference:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549129?hl=en

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thank you, just learning about display network vs search network & spent 2 hours first time doing managed placements. now to wait and find out what happens!