AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

how do I get my ad into the left hand column

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I understand that ads in the Left hand columns always do better than those in the right hand column. My ad currently appears in the RH column. How do I get it across to the LH side?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how do I get my ad into the left hand column

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

As with any position, you need to outrank your competitors. This is basically multiplying your QS by your bid.

To get above the SERPs (left-hand column as you put it), you also need a QS of at least 7 as well as outranking competitors.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

There's a threshold of a minimum  ad-rank that your ad must meet in order to be eligible to "spots above search results"

Read more:

Getting your ads above Google search results

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Above SERP's (Search Engine Results Pages) ad placements are the top ad positions based on a particular keyword relevant to the user search query. Basically, if you make Google service look good, then they will make you look great!