Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

how can i optimize the low ctr campaign to high ctr campaign

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

hi 

i  am managing a campaign which is selling a software on online but it's click through rate was too low as 3.04% consuming $1.39 Average cpc can you please suggest the ideas how to increase the campaign CTR 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vikas Reddy
September 2015

Re: how can i optimize the low ctr campaign to high ctr campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Well... 3% is not that bad;
Anyway pause any low CTR keywords that trigger impressions, but no clicks;
An exception could be, low CTR keywords with high conversions, (if you have any).
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kondeti

You should have also mentioned Avg. Pos. for this 3.04% CTR in order to have better picture. Secondly, as you have mentioned that this 3.04% CTR is for the campaign not a particular keyword so i suggest that you segment the keywords which have high CTR and others which have low CTR in order to take appropriate actions. Keywords which have higher CTR as compared to others, try increasing the avg. position for that in order to have more visibility and the keywords which lower CTR change the ad copies relevant to the keywords and increase their avg. position as well to check for results..

Also as you have mentioned your avg. cpc, i suggest that you add some sitelinks(if you are not using them) in your ad group because as per the latest update sitelinks also takes into consideration in order to calculate your Ad Rank which decides your actual cost for the click.

Hope this helps!

Abhishek

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
First of all, there's no particular number indicating you are having good or bad CTR, it depends firstly on your product market. so i can't tell you that 3% is good or not to your business, but as general rule in my humble opinion ctr above 1% indicate that you are doing something right Smiley Happy .

Coming back to the general idea of your question how to improve CTR, I think you might found the next two articles very useful:
http://www.wordstream.com/click-through-rate2
http://searchengineland.com/8-quick-ways-to-increase-your-adwords-ctr-108775

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for Your Idea

here only few keywords are generating the conversions and i have one question for you if the campaign is not consuming the budget then what are the strategies to be needed for low budget consuming campaigns

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Its not necessary that campaign should spend its daily budget, but if you want to spend more and get more traffic try adding more relevant keywords, improve the position of the current running keywords, to start with display network run a re-marketing campaign first to have a idea how display networks work then target more available option in Display in order to have more traffic.

Abhishek

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Adding to Abhishek response, you can change your delivery method to accelerated delivery, check it here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404248?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sir

Wanted to ask, i have recently begun enabling an adword campaign for search only, my question is why are the keyword CTR high and the adroup or campaign CTRs low? Is this a quality score issue of am i missing something?

Secondly, shoudl you remove or pause keywords doing badly with a low CTR?

thanks