how can i better CTR

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how can i better the CTR?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey BO, how are things?

CTR% it's highly related to your ad.

To increase CTR%, you need to have appealing ad, use call-to-actions, use Extensions when you can and a few other things.

This topic have everything you need to cover in order to try to increase your CTR%:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6167122

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Please explain Use Extensions when you can
Thanks

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Bo,

It's just to point that you should use the extensions that apply to your business.

You can have multiple extensions for the same ad, but not all extensions apply to everyone.

Sitelink Extensions almost every advertiser can use, but Local Extensions for instance, not everyone can use because not everyone has a phusical location.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Bo,

Even you can boost your CTR in other ways also. Please go through this thread: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/How-to-increase-CTR-for-my-acco...

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

Hello Bo B,

As @leandrofm already mentioned, CTR derives from compelling ad texts. Let's look at this a little closer:

1. When internet users are searching for your products and services, they usually see at least a few ads and will choose the ones that look closest to what they have been searching for right? So the first thing while improving your CTR is making sure that you have a tidy account and campaign structure and that your keywords match your ad texts really well! If you use broad matches, take a look at the search terms report. You'll probably see quite a number of queries that don't really go with what you sell: it's time to add them as negative keywords. Also, consider using broad match modifier which still gives your ads lots of freedom to be shown but prevents them from appearing with irrelevant queries. Of course, do experiment with phrase and exact matches, they usually have high CTR's!

2. If it's possible and your website structure allows you to, consider trying out dynamic search ads. For example, you have an e-shop with hundreds of different products with their own and internet users tend to search your products using their titles as queries: a great way to use those DSA's! In fact, you won't even have to use keywords to get high CTR and attract people who are interested in particular products (and usually almost ready to buy!)

3. This one's a must: always have at least 3-4 different copies of your ads for each ad group. Constantly pay attention to what texts are working, create new ones using the phrases that work and eliminate the ones that have low CTR.

4. @leandrofm already mentioned that ad extensions are the way to go:  the most popular are sitelink extensions and they do have an impact not only on CTR but also affect your quality scores. By adding sitelinks you allow users to choose other sections of your website that are relevant to users' queries, so it's natural that you'll most probably boost your CTR.

Good luck with that!

Milda Prušinskaitė