AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

how can I lower my max cost per click but still get on first page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I hear some of my competitors say there paying only 50 cents a click and are staying on the first page and to the top I tried setting my max cpc to 10- cents and raising my mobile bid adjustment but still no good results

Re: how can I lower my max cost per click but still get on first page?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Kerey,

From what I understand, you are bidding at 10 cents max cpc? How much are you raising for your mobile CPC bids? through calculation, @ 300% bid adjustment, you are only bidding at 40cents per click. The bid would be too low to place your ads in a reasonable ad position to generate clicks and improve your CTR. (as compared to the 50cents/click your competitors are bidding.)

As CPC bids are determined by a lot of factors when going into auction, several factors are attributed. Your competitors may have very good quality score for their keywords, hence able to bid at a lower CPC while staying on first page & top of page.

To improve your CPC bids, you would have to improve your keyword quality score, CTR , landing page/adtext relevance is important. Below is a link of how quality score affects you.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454010

Some best practices to use:
1) negative keyword addition - to filter unwanted traffic and improve your CTR
2) Adtext A/B testing - to test and optimise your adtext to generate traffic.
3) Landing page relevance

Once you have improved your overall campaign performance, your CPC bids should lower, allowing you to have a lower bid.