AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

how can I get impressions for low cpc keywords and no competition?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello to all !, I have been tryng to get impressions and of course clicks for long tail keywords that have no competition or other players bidding.  my cpc is very low .  THe question is, why,  Google does not shows my ads for certain keywords on first page and those appear on the botton of the second, perharps thirth page?. I have checked the quality score of the and is ok,

My  adwords experience was related to mid to high price keywords but this is a new space for me, I thought that getting click volume for one or two cents could be easy as I did not encounter competitor but its seems like there´s a trick I dont know..

Any ideas will be appreciated !,

best regards,

Mariano.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how can I get impressions for low cpc keywords and no competition?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello marianosoler;

For your ad to be shown, even if there are  no competitors, it must meet a certain threshold of ad-rank  and QS,  It could be that due to your low bid,  you do not meet this threshold;

Furthermore; if your past performance of a given keyword (=CTR) was poor,  you need to bid higher to get your an "acceptable" ad-rank to have your ad shown.

Read more: (Solutions in the following discussions):

ads not showing

No ads on a google search = no competition for this keyword?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: how can I get impressions for low cpc keywords and no competition?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

long tail keywords are, by definition, keywords that very few people are searching for. Unless you have a very large audience it may simply be that no one is searching for these terms....