AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

how can I get impressions for low cpc keywords and no competition?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello to all !, I have been tryng to get impressions and of course clicks for long tail keywords that have no competition or other players bidding.  my cpc is very low .  THe question is, why,  Google does not shows my ads for certain keywords on first page and those appear on the botton of the second, perharps thirth page?. I have checked the quality score of the and is ok,

My  adwords experience was related to mid to high price keywords but this is a new space for me, I thought that getting click volume for one or two cents could be easy as I did not encounter competitor but its seems like there´s a trick I dont know..

Any ideas will be appreciated !,

best regards,

Mariano.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how can I get impressions for low cpc keywords and no competition?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello marianosoler;

For your ad to be shown, even if there are  no competitors, it must meet a certain threshold of ad-rank  and QS,  It could be that due to your low bid,  you do not meet this threshold;

Furthermore; if your past performance of a given keyword (=CTR) was poor,  you need to bid higher to get your an "acceptable" ad-rank to have your ad shown.

Read more: (Solutions in the following discussions):

ads not showing

No ads on a google search = no competition for this keyword?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: how can I get impressions for low cpc keywords and no competition?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

long tail keywords are, by definition, keywords that very few people are searching for. Unless you have a very large audience it may simply be that no one is searching for these terms....