AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

how auction insights can help boosting my conversions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I saw the auction insights in my Google AdWords account with lots of interesting data. I want to know how that data can help me to boost my sales and revenues? How to use that auction insights in a beneficial way?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rachel S
September 2015

Re: how auction insights can help boosting my conversions?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Insights are just that--a tool to help you get an intuitive look into the ad auction. What you see when you check the data is who your competition is and how your campaign is performing when your ads are competing against their ads.

The information is not directly actionable. Rather, it's a snapshot of the competitive landscape. Many advertisers don't actually know who their online competition is--whose ads their ads are competing with.

More specifically, when I have a client whose account isn't performing as well as I'd like, I review Auction Insights to tell me who we're competing against and then I review competitor landing pages to make sure my client's website has all the features and information that the customer is likely to be looking for. 

Hope that helps!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
In addition to Theresa's comments the other thing that auction insights helps with is determining how to structure experiments to test bidding strategy.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Good point, Steve. I should have remembered that bit--thank you for adding it!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*