5.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

high cost/conversion and low conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

we are running few display advertising campaigns in adwords which was giving good conversions and with good CPC (cost per conversion) last November month. Starting from Dec 1st 2013 till now the CPC (cost per conversion) shoots up drastically to 170% and the conversion are went down to 70%.

The CTR is more or less the same but when the impression is high the cost is high and when the impression is low the cost comes to below the highest cost. We are maintaining the same or slightly make difference in the "Avg.CPC" for these problamatic display campaigns but still, one day the CPC (cost per conversion) is low the next day it shoots up. The conversion are still low.

we faced this problem same time last year also Dec 25 2012 till Jan 15th 2013. Later it recovered itself.

can anyone help me out and suggest me steps to take to recover from the low conversion, high CPC (cost per conversion) and improve the results.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: high cost/conversion and low conversion

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;

Let's, first,  set the terminology straight:  CPC in Google's definitions is cost per click, while conversions are measured by CAP (cost per acquisition).

I assume your question is about the cost per acquisition:

The dates you mentioned, triggered me to consider a seasonal factor of higher competition during the holiday season - Could that be?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
What product/service do you provide?

It does indeed sound like a seasonal trend, especially as it also happened this time last year.

Ryan.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@MosheTLV, yes it is CAP (cost per acquisition), Starting from Dec 1st 2013 till now the CAP shoots up drastically to 170% and the number of conversions went down to 70%. The CTR and CPC (cost per click) are more or less the same. I agree with you that may be it is a seasonal effect. Is there any solution to overcome this problem.

@RyanHoldaway, we are doing lead generation for real estate projects in India.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
People are still visiting your site but they aren't filling in that contact form. This implies that they're interested in your product/service but due to the time of year, they're just doing research.

Maybe you can encourage a different type of communication, phone calls for example. That way you can get them on the phone, answer their questions and build a rapport with the customer to encourage them to come back to you in the future.

Ryan.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@RyanHoldaway thank you brother, i take your valuable insights

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
No worries.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Ryan.