Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

gogole display network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi 

i have got leads from mail.google.com but its not worth, all these are from job seekers is there any option to exclude this without excluding mail.google.com from my display network

3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: gogole display network

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Ravi,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

As far as my knowledge goes, you can exclude gmail by adding mail.google.com as Exclusion for your Display Network.

But this will mean excluding everything related to gmail.

Another option which I could think of is that you might be using keywords which are pushing Google to show your ads on job related websites and all. 

You can include job and job related keywords as negatives for your Display campaign in order to make sure that there is a least possibility of showing ads to job seekers. 

Similarly, if you are doing Topic level targeting for your campaign, you might exclude specific categories out of that, in order to prevent irrelevant traffic.

Lasty, I would prefer managed placement campaign on top of automatic placements. In that case, you will have the option to show your ads only on the placements where you want if they are part of Google Display Network.

Just some of my thoughts!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: Gmail on display Network

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Ravi;

In addition to Pankaj answer;

Instead of  excluding Gmail...Are you using contextual targeting? - A theme of keywords that target relevant places on the display network?

I would recommend to use both contextual targeting and managed placements, to target  sites only relevant  for  your business. Work on your theme of keywords to make sure that those are  focused on your business and not too broad. (Choosing keywords that are too broad, can result in what you have experienced: ads appeared for irrelevant users....)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: gogole display network

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Ravi,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

As far as my knowledge goes, you can exclude gmail by adding mail.google.com as Exclusion for your Display Network.

But this will mean excluding everything related to gmail.

Another option which I could think of is that you might be using keywords which are pushing Google to show your ads on job related websites and all. 

You can include job and job related keywords as negatives for your Display campaign in order to make sure that there is a least possibility of showing ads to job seekers. 

Similarly, if you are doing Topic level targeting for your campaign, you might exclude specific categories out of that, in order to prevent irrelevant traffic.

Lasty, I would prefer managed placement campaign on top of automatic placements. In that case, you will have the option to show your ads only on the placements where you want if they are part of Google Display Network.

Just some of my thoughts!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Ravi;

In addition to Pankaj answer;

Instead of  excluding Gmail...Are you using contextual targeting? - A theme of keywords that target relevant places on the display network?

I would recommend to use both contextual targeting and managed placements, to target  sites only relevant  for  your business. Work on your theme of keywords to make sure that those are  focused on your business and not too broad. (Choosing keywords that are too broad, can result in what you have experienced: ads appeared for irrelevant users....)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hey Ravi,

I agree with Moshe.. You need to use contextual targeting so that you have your ads showing in the right places.

I personally feel that negating keywords on the display network is a little risky. Please be careful if you choose to do this.
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!