Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

getting back my good CTR

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have been running a campaign for 6 months with a good ctr of approx 12%.  I added another ad, but made an error on my keywords, and my CTR has now fallen to 0.9%.

I have corrected the error.

Is it better to scrap the campaign and start a new one or keep going with the existing campaign and wait for the ctr to get better

Thanks

Mark

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author lee b
September 2015

Re: getting back my good CTR

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Mark and welcome,

lee b wrote:

Hi

I have been running a campaign for 6 months with a good ctr of approx 12%.  I added another ad, but made an error on my keywords, and my CTR has now fallen to 0.9%.

I have corrected the error.

Is it better to scrap the campaign and start a new one or keep going with the existing campaign and wait for the ctr to get better

Thanks

Mark

It is important to understand here that account's historical data is crucial and important.

I am not sure what kind of errors have you made, but it is preferred to run the existing campaign and try to improve on the CTR based on 6 months stats which you have.

You can follow some other optimization strategies like removing the low CTR and under performing keywords from the existing ones and launching them in a separate campaign so that you maintain the existing CTR and work on other keywords separately.

My thoughts!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your quick reply

As i though, battle on

Mark

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4