Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

flexible bid strategies not working as expected

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I enabled a flexible bid strategy on my campaign for certain keywords. I'm using the target search page type strategy. The campaign setting was left at manual bidding. I want to know if the max CPC affects those keywords that are set to the flexible bid strategy. If I set the max CPC for one of these keywords AdWords automatically removes the flexible strategy from that keyword, so I'm guessing the max CPC isn't used when the strategy is in place for the keyword. What troubles me is that the strategy doesn't seem to be working properly and doesn't reliably move up my ad position.I expected much better ad positions with this strategy.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: flexible bid strategies not working as expected

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;

Quote:

>>". What troubles me is that the strategy doesn't seem to be working properly and doesn't reliably move up my ad position.I expected much better ad positions with this strategy."

You are quite right;

The point is that all those automated tools within Adwords (which are aimed to ease campaign management), are based on statistical models (probably quite complex), and  the results are "estimates".  Like any other statistical estimate, it has a margin of error which could be (quite)  "broad". 

I personally like "to be in control". Hence; I   use manual bidding.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’