AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

extract keywords from adwords conversion tracking code?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey there, can someone tell me how to extract keywords from adwords conversion tracking code. Or is this conversion tracking code can tell you with which keyword customer end up to Thank You Page?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: extract keywords from adwords conversion tracking code?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Atanase,

That information is availble through the AdWords interface. You could demonstrate this by doing a live search for one of your keywords, click on your own ad and complete a conversion. This is usually a good idea, althoug I don't know whether the vendor will allow you to place a test order.

Otherwise, you'll just need to wait until you get your first conversion.

Best of Luck,

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Atanse,
I'm unsure what you mean by "extract keywords" are you attempting to tell which keywords resulted in a conversion?

Please let us know the goal you are trying to achieve and we may be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Matt

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Atanase,

If you have conversion tracking set up and installed on your website, what you're looking for may be right in the AdWords Interface.  When a user clicks on one of your ads, visits your website, completes your conversion action, ending up at your 'Thank You' page, a conversion will be recorded in your AdWords account.

This conversion will be linked to your Account, Ad Group, Ad and Keyword. 

If you happen to be looking for more detailed information, please elaborate on your question and we'll see what we can do to assist you.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes Matt I want to see which keywords resulted in clicking my ad way through ending on thank you page.

keyword => ad => landing page (post inside my website) => Thank You Page. (want to know if the same keyword clicking the ad resulted in sale)

I've did this:

I've set up adwords campaign to lead to post inside my website which is where I desribe the product. The coversion tracking code is added on vendors product Thank You Page but it's not verified yet because I haven't made any sale and the campaign is paused during youtube video in progress which will help me to better response fro customer side.

I want to know with which keyword the customer edns up on Thank You Page.

Thanks for the help.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Atanase,

That information is availble through the AdWords interface. You could demonstrate this by doing a live search for one of your keywords, click on your own ad and complete a conversion. This is usually a good idea, althoug I don't know whether the vendor will allow you to place a test order.

Otherwise, you'll just need to wait until you get your first conversion.

Best of Luck,

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well Pete I think the vendor has placed the tracking conversion code because we've discussed about that and he agreed to put it on Thank You Page so i can see which keywords are ending in sale. So now I am waiting for sale to occur but no idea where to see with which keywords that sale occurred.

And where in Adwords interface exacly I can see that?

Thanks

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

once you will start getting the conversions, you will see that next to keyword under the click conversion tab, there is a value =X no. of conversions.

lets say keyword ABC generate 4 conversions, you will see it in all campaign tabs under conversion that keyword abc generate 4 conversions, what is the % and cost for you.