6.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

experiment control groups versus experiments

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to test four different ad texts for a new campaign. I would like to use the experiment mode since it automatically measures statistical differences.

The problem is that I have no 'control' group. I have four different new ads (experiments) that I want to compare to one another. Is it possible? The experimental settings require me to set a ratio of experimental to control changes.

I guess I could just set it up as a regular (not experimental) campaign and force the ads to rotate evenly and force them to use the same manual bid?

Thanks for the advice.

Michael

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael H
September 2015

Re: experiment control groups versus experiments

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Michael

You are correct!!;

This is very confusing with testing different ad-copies  (Since, your control group is actually your current ad with the current ad-copy)

When testing ad-copy I recommend switching to an even rotation (of ads ), and test which ads are performing better. This is the easiest way, that after a short time  shows  results that are statistically significant . (You don't need a  "statistical analysis" by the system "to accept" an ad-text with a CTR twice or 3 times better than the original text...)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’