AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

exact or broad match - which is better

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

please guide which one shall i select 

Change match type from: 

Broad match

Exact match
Phrase match

Change match type to:

Broad match
Exact match
Phrase match

which one shall select - if i want clicks only for the given below keywords and not from any other keywords

is that correct or shall i change

Keywords:

1.       app developers 

2.      IPhone application developers

3.      IPhone app developers

4.      mobile application developers

5.      Android app developers

6.      Android application developers

7.      IPhone application development services

8.      developing IPhone apps

9.      top IPhone developers

10.  custom IPhone app development

11.  IPad app development

12.  Mobile App Developers

13.  android app developer

14.  android application developer

15.  IPhone app development companies

16.  app development company

17. app developer for IPhone 

Re: exact or broad match - which is better

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

This looks exactly like an exam question. I don't think that we are allowed to answer exam questions in the forum.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

you can use a mix of broad search modifier, exact match and phrase match. Try and stay away from Broad Match as that will get you unwanted clicks and impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi

Thanks to your kind reply.

As per your request i have selected "broad search modifier, exact match" but i am not getting even one clicks per day.

I am running campaign for past two weeks. Can you please advice is there anything i need to change

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

For your question "if i want clicks only for the given below keywords and not from any other keywords" the Exact match is the only option.

You can check the estimated traffic with the keyword planner to see if you should or should not receive clicks for your budget , location , language and keyword match. Sometimes it is all about the daily budget and MaxCPC beeing too low.

The next keyword matching you can try is phrase match and after you look at the "search terms report" you can add negative keywords to avoid unwanted clicks on the same expressions.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Sanjeet,
You should keep in mind that by using Broad Search Modifier and exact match you are are narrowing the keyword reach. So you will see a drop in traffic due to the relevance of your keywords.
Since you are running this campaign past 2 weeks on Broad Match, you should run the search query report as @Adrian mentioned. Go through the list and view the "Match types" column, you will see what users are entering as search query and which ad is being displayed for that keyword. If you feel the particular keyword does not relate to your Ad, you can add that keyword as a 'Negative Keyword'. This way you can use a mix of broad search with negative keywords. Also increase your Max CPC in-order to get clicks and conversions.

Here is a link where you can learn more: Build a Good Keyword List

-Mehdi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I think these keywords are pretty 'hot', so you should increase the bids to get any impression or increase the target area.

Regards,
Erno Horvath

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Sir,

Thanks to your reply.

As per your request i have selected "broad search modifier, exact match and phrase match"

but i am not getting any clicks from my ads

please guide

Thanks in advance

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Sanjeet,
Please ensure your target area and increase your CPC, are you getting impressions?

thanks,
Mehdi