5.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

error 404 invalid URLs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

how often Google will remove error 404 invalid URLs from its searching results??COULD SOMEONE TELL ME? Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: error 404 invalid URLs

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google don't index 404 pages as such.

What happens is, Google scans your site, indexes your pages and starts to include your pages in the search results.

Then you remove a page from your site.

But Google doesn't know that - and it continues to give this page as a result when people run a search - the page isn't there so your site returns a 404.

For this to get fixed, Goolge need to visit and reindex your site again. Whilst you cannot force this to happen there are a couple of things you can do to help the process - first, make sure that you have an updated sitemap which includes the changes. Then you can log in to Webmaster Tools and upload the new sitemap...

Re: error 404 invalid URLs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried the method you advised "first, make sure that you have an updated sitemap which includes the changes. Then you can log in to Webmaster Tools and upload the new sitemap..."

5 sample URLs selected, only 2 disappeared from Google searching results, moreover, 2 new ones which haven't seen before were added into our searching results list.

So what exactly is the way to remove all error 404 invalid URLs from Google searching results? We need to know this urgently, need help!!!!