5.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

dynamic remarketing trafic to homepage

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

All is in the title ! Why Dynamic Remarketing campaigns send trafic to the homepage website ?

Cheers

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: dynamic remarketing trafic to homepage

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
It won't

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks @StructuredPPC ! I have a small part of my Remarketing Campaign sending trafic to my homepage (Google Analytics Data)

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Oops how that happened? May be you are using regular remaketing ads knowingly or unknowingly....

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
No, No.. But there is a setting about landing page when you implement Remarketing ads...If the user click in some places, it can be redirect to the homepage instead of the product page. But when I click whenener on my ads I always land on a product page... So I do not understand why I have the trafic to Homepage...

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
May be other users will be able to help you....

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Pilgrima411,

If I have understood well from whatever you have said so far, I sense some problem with your Product Feed. It feels like you are accidentally using ‘display ads link’ tracking attribute.

Could you post your feed URL here? I may try digging into it for you.

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

Verify the following setting for your dynamic ads:

- Edit you Ad, it should open in the Ad Gallery editor (aka Display Ad Builder)

- Navigate to "Show Advanced fields" > URL > More options > Click behavior

If you chose "Navigate to a destination URL" then users will be navigated to the product page if they click the product area of the ad and to the landing page specified just above if they click anywhere else in the ad.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Maxime, It is the setting I described in my last post. So yes I put my homepage url in the "Navigate to a destination" fiedl BUT when I try to click whenener on my ads I always land on a product page..So I am a little confused about how to land on the homepage when clicking on my ad -Smiley Happy

If I do not put any url in the "Navigate to a destination" field and the user clicks on the ad but not in the products area. Where do the user land ?

Cheers

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author pilgrim411
September 2015

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee
I just tried it and it works for me:
- If I select "Navigate to a destination URL" when I click on the log in the ad it sends me to the landing page I entered just above (my homepage)
- If I select "Navigate to a product URL" all clicks send me to a product page, even if I click on the logo

It's a bit weird that it seems to let you not provide any Landing Page, maybe it uses the URL of the domain verified in Google Merchant Center in that case?