Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

dyn. remarketing. After using filters much less impressions. Why

N/A
# 1
N/A

Hi Community,

we want to push in our dyn. remarketing campaign special products. Thats why we use adwords grouping. In the campaign we set the group filter to these "hot"group.

It works, but the impressions increases enormous. It seems to be, because we are filtering much less ads will be displayed.

Is this a normal behaviour or is there a mistake in our setup?

Can anybody helps us.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: dyn. remarketing. After using filters much less impressions. Why

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi Michael,

Dynamic remarketing campaigns use your product feed and an algorithm to determine which products to show to which customers, and when. It primarily works by showing past site visitors products which they viewed on your site. When you remove products from the campaign, you remove the potential for the system to show that product ad to a past viewer of the product.

You can read more in-depth about dynamic remarketing and how it works here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3124536?hl=en&ref_topic=3180758

Cassie

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Michael,

Thanks for posting to the Community! I'm not sure that I completely understand your question. It sounds like you set up a filter to only dynamically remarket a handful of products, whereas before, you were remarketing all products in your feed. And now you see that these few products have a larger number of impressions.

Have the impressions increased in the campaign overall since you made this change?

Cassie

N/A
# 3
N/A
Cassie,

soory mistake of me.

With the few products (because of set up a filter) the number of impressions decreases in a large number.

It looks like fewer products to show means fewer impressions.

Michael

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Michael,

That makes sense--if you dramatically decrease the number of products you are serving without changing anything else in the campaign, then you are likely to get fewer impressions. You can try setting higher Max CPCs, or expanding your location, mobile, and ad schedule targeting (from within the Settings tab) to expand the opportunities for the ads to appear.

Hope this helps!
Cassie

N/A
# 5
N/A
Cassie,

we have removed the filter a few minutes ago and will test if the impressions will rise up.

But I do not understand it. I understand that the numbers of visitors who have the remaketing cookie have invfluence how many impressions. I understand that a higher max CPCs and a higher budget have influence. but not the number of products which are shown.

For me it is like google rent shop windows. If having a lot of products many different products are shown. If having a few products the same qty is shown, but some of the products are shown twice.

Michael
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi Michael,

Dynamic remarketing campaigns use your product feed and an algorithm to determine which products to show to which customers, and when. It primarily works by showing past site visitors products which they viewed on your site. When you remove products from the campaign, you remove the potential for the system to show that product ad to a past viewer of the product.

You can read more in-depth about dynamic remarketing and how it works here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3124536?hl=en&ref_topic=3180758

Cassie