1.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

duplicate content

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My site utilizes syndicated conent (not fed through RSS) that is displayed with the written permission of the author. The content is cited appropriately with a link back to the original blog/web site where content was published. Is this considered duplicate contnet?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: duplicate content

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I beleive so. However is this question in relation to a concern on dup content for adwords or organic rank? If adwords then I have seen other advertisers successful marketing sites like you describe. You may want to investigate the ramifications of dup content from an organic perspective tho. There are steps you can take to avoid dup content and make sure the original source receives the organic juice since it is their content you are using.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Kim. I think you are correct in terms of paid, my question is regarding organic. It is very tough to get a straight answer about organic...ugh! thanks for your reply!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
If you want to prevent your site content from being indexed then there are options like blocking or possibly rel="canonical" tags. However with that said I am not an organic expert. I suggest that you jump into the webmaster community and search on duplicate content or ask the question there. There are a bunch of great people there that will be able to help with this question. - Good Luck!

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/webmasters

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'