4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

duplicate ads in different ad group - Opportunities

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Its been few days, i started my first campaign with adwords . Initially i created one campaign +one add group and one ads . On second day created another duplicate ads in same adgroup and CTR improved a little bit . yesterday google Opportunities suggested to follow some steps to optimize my campaign . After following suggested steps, it automatically created 2 other adgroups with duplicate ads in both of adgroups with different set of keywords filtered from main adgroup keywords and main adgroups keywords automatically got paused .

Now my current setup is 3 adgroups (1 original and 2 suggested adgroups) with 6 duplicate ads (2 original ads) . Only 2 newely created adgroups with filtered set of keywords are active . 

Is it good practice to have multiple duplicate ads in same adgroup as well as in different adgroup, without duplicate keywords ? As i have seen improvements in impression and CTR, after using duplicate ads, what is suggested number of duplicate ads in adgroups and dupLicate adgroup in same campaign without keyword duplication ? How this is going to affect CTR and impression ? Please suggest .

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Geek D
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Geek,

As i have seen improvements in impression and CTR, after using duplicate ads, what is suggested number of duplicate ads in adgroups and dupLicate adgroup in same campaign without keyword duplication ?

Yes, if you create a Adgroup with tightly themed ad group, your campaigns performance will improve. AdWords can write the new ad copy in the new ad group, that's why it created the duplicate ads. Keeping the duplicate ad group does not hamper the performance, but yes you can write the new ads and test the AB testing, it will help you to boost your CPC & CTR.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

MNBXXZCV VX