5.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

drop in view through conversions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did anyone experience considerable drop in view through conversions?  In some display caompaign there is an increase of impressions since december but a drop in the above mentioned conversions. Hard to isolate what combo of ad formats or changes in placements influenced it. I try different mix of the possible factors, but no clear tendency so far...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: drop in view through conversions?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hi Anna,

Thanks for your question. 
Your drop could be due to variety of things. Has there been any fluctuation in time of day the ads have been serving or location the ads have been serving? Did the increase in impressions come from a specific placement?

Either something changed with the audience that are seeing your ads or your ads started showing more on certain placements and the conversions didn't rise proportionally.

Also if you want to have someone take a look at your campaign, I can refer this post to our support team. They can take a look at your account with you and help troubleshoot problems.

Let me know if that helps or if you would like additional support. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Shanea,

That would be great if someone could have a look at it. We suspected that some slots were changed or deleted on the placements where the ads used to be displayed.
The biggest drop we noticed was from youtube and anonymous.google.

We appreciate your help greatly.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Anna H,

Apparently the view-through conversions metric is no longer counting situations when a conversion happened from a paid source , as explained here :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/How-are-view-through-conversions-reported...

At first I noticed it started eliminating conversions happening in Search, after seeing an Ad in Display, google has enabled Search de-duplication by default.