AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

does location target show first rather than country target?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm using the google adwords and I choose my ads for specific location target.  Will it in the google search result there will show my ads first not the others ads is setting country target? The searcher is at my location target.

Thanks for telling me. Bless u all!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: does location target show first rather than country target?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi,

I'm bit confuse about the question but I think what you asking is u using AdWords at the moment and u want to see whether your ad will be displayed top of the page in targeted geo location?

If yes the answer is you never can gurantee that your ad will be on the top place all the time. It will decide on ad action which happens all the time when a user search for a query plus on your ad quality score.

However there are options like top of the page flexible bid strategy to achieve these kind of targets

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks Nisal for reply me. Sorry for making you confuse. My question is, for example, ''A" ads are using country target. For the ''B'' ads is using location target. But for the ''B'' ads location is under the ''A'' ads country. If the searcher is at that location search, will the ''B'' ads come first or the ''A'' ads come first? ''A'' and ''B'' ads is same category, same keyword but not same website.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
What is the difference in country and location targeting?

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
HI

I think what you saying is u have two campaigns targeting same country and Campaign A use country as the targeted location and campaign B use one location inside that country ( Eg A- USA , B- California) .

If its above scenario no still it wouldn't gurantee your second one will be showed instead of first one. What you trying to achieve is show B ad for the people who located in that area I would suggest you to exclude B ad location from A campaign and target B ad location with the advance settings of "people who live in my targeted area"

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Yi H,

The ad of the website with higher Ad Rank will be shown above other website's ad.

Check below links to know more about Ad Rank:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1752122?hl=en
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722122

Regards,
Ashish