Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

does 0.00% CTR affect my quality score?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does it affect my quality score If I get 0 impressions and 0 clicks for some keyword resulting in 0.00% CTR?
If it does affect quality score, is it better to erase that keyword or I can just pause it? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ljubisa
September 2015

Re: does 0.00% CTR affect my quality score?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

No, it does not affect quality score and other metrics because it is having ZERO stats. But I would like to say if the QS of these keywords are below 5 and they are not getting any clicks and impressions you can erase them as they contribute to whole campaign QS negatively. If the QS is for these keywords are above 5, I would suggest don't do anything keep them as it is a campaign.

I would also like to suggest here, you can pause thse keywords from existing adgroups and can create new adgoups for these keywords with lil high bid and very specific adcopy and landing page. It would be great if you include keyword in headline and display url. you can test by keeping these adgroups active for some days if it still does not get any stats and having less QS. Pause thse keywords and try different varations of keywords.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank You very much Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Welcome Smiley Happy
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I think in the long run it may have some effect, since it may suggest that users dont find this as useful, or are not really searching for this.