AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

display targeting conflicts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the following display campaigns running:

1. Remarketing for users that hit my site
  2. Managed placements of sites I know my ideal customers frequents
  3. Similar audience for people that have seen my conversion page + topics targeting for the particular category im interested in

All are doing well and I’m happy with performance BUT I’ve noticed that I’m getting clicks/conversions from some of the same placements across all 3 campaigns.  If I’m targeting www.domain.com in campaign #2, should I be excluding www.domain.com from all other display campaigns if adcopy/landing pages are the same?  Am I just competing with myself?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: display targeting conflicts

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;

The option / opportunity  for broad exposure - if you set the campaign correctly is one of the "features" I like on  the display network.
If you are targeting different audience in each campaign, and minimized the "overlapping audience", then the clicks should be from different sources. So why would you like to exclude the site?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’