AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

display remarketing list smaller

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I implemented remarketing script and created a few remarketing lists a few days ago.

Now the size of the "display" list is much smaller than the "search" one for the same rule.

It´s 8/150

I can´t figure out why that would be...? Especially not such a big difference.

Actually all search-lists have a much bigger quantity than their display equivalent

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David_Precisera
September 2015

Re: display remarketing list smaller

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

There seem to have been a correction of the figures. Why, how and when I am not sure, but they now look more in line with expectations (i.e. display list larger than search list)

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi David,

Thanks for your posting. I have not heard of this issue before. From my own experience, it does make sense that your search list may have a higher percentage compared to your display list. However I don't know why in your case the difference is pretty large. 

Can we get some feedback from other members of the community that have used remarketing? Thanks!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello ,

Read from here

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2701222?hl=en

Scroll to "Different list sizes for different networks" . It explains that the two networks use two types of cookies. It could be that most browsers do no accept 3rd party cookies like the doubleclick.net cookie or have plugins to block it.

Also from the following conversation I understand that the RLSA audience is made from all visitors , paid and organic so it should be bigger.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Measure-results/How-to-explain-the-number-in-an-audience-fro...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey there, I've just seen ALL my client's Google Analytics (doubleclick tagged) remarketing lists sizes absolutely slashed in size. The manual AdWord tag is still working okay, but if you didnt have this in place, you've lost a LOT of audience collateral. I reckon it's due to the new number of browsers blocking doubleclick cookie. This'll also effect viewtrhough conversion stats. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David_Precisera
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

There seem to have been a correction of the figures. Why, how and when I am not sure, but they now look more in line with expectations (i.e. display list larger than search list)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David

Yes I've seen the same miraculous re-adjustment of list sizes too. REALLY weird Smiley Happy
Thanks for confirming the same trend on your side.