AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

display campaign: Same Placement in three diferent adgroups

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We have one placements in three adroups like

display keywords adgroup

Topic adgroup

Interest adgroup

From all these adgroup we get conversions(from one placement) but with different conversion rate.

My questions is this a good idea to have one placements in different adgroups, i am afraid its competing each other and making high cpc.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: display campaign: Same Placement in three diferent adgroups

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Balaji j,

In the Display Network you are not limited to a single impression on a page, so your ad can show multiple times. You have different targeting for the 3 adGroups for those placements. I don't think that's a bad idea.

It's also a good idea to watch the conversion results. If all three are producing profitable conversions, keep them all. If any are not producing profit for you, I would pause or delete that one placement.

Your ads don't really compete against each other in the sense that it would cause a higher CPC for you. They would compete for position, in a sense, in the the one with the higher adRank would show higher on the page, assuming 2 ads are eligible for the same page. Your real competition is other advertisers.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords