AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

display ad results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are a very small niche market selling menu covers and condiment boxes to restaurant owners, hotels, clubs and catering supplies companies.  How do I successfully get my display ad to appear when keywords don't seem to have any bearing?  The product I currently have set up is a image of our new product : Salt & Pepper Menu Roll, but I can't get it go appear in any search results and the sites I think it is appearing in seem more like sites for people looking for restaurants and there menus.

I would appreciate your guidance.  FCM Sales & Promotion, Sydney, Australia

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: display ad results

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi AnnieFCM,

This sounds like you might be trying to get your product listing ads showing on Google search....

Are you talking about the small image ads with prices that appear on Google? Generally at the top right.

If so, you need to get a Google merchant center account, link this up to your AdWords account & then create a Product Listing Ads campaign. 

Have a read through the links and let me know if this helps you.

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi AnnieFCM,

Welcome to the community.

I think you might need to revise your keyword list to get in fron of the right audience.

Have you been trying keywords lists targeting cafe/restaurant supplies, equipment, decor, etc.

Even go into other related searches like menu printing and menu design. They are going to need to display their menus and this can get you out in front of them and make them think about buying your product.

It's about getting in front of the right audience, not necessarily using direct product keywords, but related types of keywords that the cafe/restaurant owners may be searching for.

Think about what your target audience looks for online and use these as lead in's to your products.

I hope this helps you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for that.  I have carefully selected my keywords as you have suggested and they are working with my other text ads, but they don't seem to be working with the full display ad. I have been very selective with the text I have used inside the ad also, making sure they are words that people are likely to use to search.

I actually can't even get the image ad to display when I do my own search with keywords, so what am I doing wrong?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi AnnieFCM,

Just want add on to what Adam already stated.

You said, “I actually can't even get the image ad to display when I do my own search with keywords”

There is a huge difference between search network and display network.

Display network ads will not be visible when you search with keywords.

Display ads will appear on sites that you have selected as placements or on website with similar content as your selected keywords.

Please find more details in the link below.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=117120

If you want your display ads to appear on specific sites or categories, you should create a separate campaign or ad group with selected placements. Find more information below.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=53215

You can use placement tool to get placement ideas.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2471191

Hope this helps,

Info

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi AnnieFCM,

This sounds like you might be trying to get your product listing ads showing on Google search....

Are you talking about the small image ads with prices that appear on Google? Generally at the top right.

If so, you need to get a Google merchant center account, link this up to your AdWords account & then create a Product Listing Ads campaign. 

Have a read through the links and let me know if this helps you.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi Annie,

I think Purefuzz is right - you're trying to create Product Listing Ads? Just to clarify, product listing ads show small images of your product and a price on Google search. On the other hand, image ads display on our Display Network which is comprised of websites that show AdWords ads. 

I'd recommend following the links Purefuzz posted to create your Merchant Centre account and then create a product listing ads campaign in AdWords to display images of your products on Google search.

Let us know if we can help out with anything else!

Rachel