AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

demographics bid adjustments is now possible?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I read somewhere you  can now target based off age and gender for search just like display. Is this true!? If so is a game changer but i cant find it. 

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Apparently it's rolling out now. I have found one account which has search demographic bid adjustments, but most do not. In addition, something is still screwy - Ages aren't displaying as they should be. So, it's still got a ways to go.  Wordstream has an article showing where you can find them, if the option is available.

http://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2016/09/12/demographic-targeting-for-search-campaigns

Tom

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Yes! Saw it on word stream also. That's so odd that they're not rolled out across every account..? For me about 60% of my traffic is from kids, all of which are NOT buyers... so I'm basically guaranteed to throw away 60.c per dollar.. but the whole industry deals with this even with the top performing keywords. Will be interesting to take advantage of this once its fully rolled out.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

hi 

Its not available to everyone and is specific to certain countries and cities. if you are lucky to have it then make the most of it. 

regards,

Zaby