AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

day and time scheduling

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

What can be the best strategy?

Re: day and time scheduling

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Kapil,

I have to ask, the best strategy for what ? Gaining more traffic at a lower cost by doing bid adjustments according to day parts ? Or strategy for gaining more conversions ?

How are your ads scheduled to run now and how much statistical data do you have to analyze day parts ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Yeah,

Getting more traffic at lower costs by making bid adjustments as per the time. But do you think if we are targeting different locations, this could back fire?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I use day-parts bid adjustments to increase the general bids during hours of the day in which the conversion rate is higher and to lower the bids for example at night.

If you run advertising for a Pizza Delivery business focused on night delivery, you may want to do the other way around, to increase the general bids at peak hours during the night to put your Ads in the top 3 spots and to gain more clicks.

Trends could be different by location , meaning that for example 4 out of 10 cities do not order so often at night so increasing bids at night for those cities is a waste of budget so yes having different locations in different campaigns is useful for this kind of bid adjustment, by hour.

Also to do this bid adjusment you will have to create hourly segments and I remember that this feature was limited somehow to 4 or 6 segments per day.

Read some more details from this Community Article :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/AdWords-Ad-Scheduling/ba-p/50508