AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

creating two duplicate campaigns targeting different time frames

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have a search campaign that is currently running 24/7 for very targeted keywords. I've noticed the CTR is MUCH lower from midnight to 8 am and from Friday to Sunday. 

I want to keep 100% of the search impression share because my keywords are so targeted (and limited). But I was wondering if there is any advantage to creating two duplicate campaigns. One targeting the very high CTR times, and one targeting the lower CTR time frames.

So one campaign would be much higher CTR and one would be much lower, as oppose to a campaign with a blended CTR. Any advantage in doing it one way over the other?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: creating two duplicate campaigns targeting different time frames

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi birchlore,

I think the tactics what you are trying to accomplish comes under what we call campaign optimization. Most of the advertisers tend to follow and customize their campaigns depending upon what they really want to achieve.

So if you have already been analysing the campaign behavior and think that separating low CTR keywords from highers ones would help you, then I don't think there should be second thoughts to it. Ultimately you are the one who better knows what works and what not inside the account.

I would only add that in addition to CTR, alslo focus on other metrics like ROI (the most important one) and identify whether there is really a need to run campaign during odd hours or not. If you think yes, then you can create a separate campaign with different ad scheduling and might try some different ad copies for experimental purpose.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Re: creating two duplicate campaigns targeting different time frames

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I do not see much advantage in running two campaigns unless you want to use different ad copies or landing pages depending on time of the day. If you just want to bid diffrently, you can use an enhanced campaign. Personally, I would rather spend time into more granular geo targeted campaigns, but, of course, it really depends on situation at hand.

Rion