2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

cpc served to countries not targeted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently noticed we were getting most of our CPC traffic from India and Pakistan. I changed all our ads to be served to the US (and a few other countries, but not India and Pakistan). For a week or so I wasn't seeing any major traffic from these countries. I checked today and we are back to receiving a lot of traffic from these and other countries that our ads are currently not targeting.

I'm trying to figure out what might be happening here and how to exclude this traffic, as we want to focus on the US, Canada, UK, etc.

Any and all help is appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: cpc served to countries not targeted

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Bill M,

If you do not wish to receive traffic from location outside your targeted area (which is a obvious goal for all advertisers) - you need to change advance location targeting to "people in my targeted location". This will allow you to show ads only to the people who are physically located in your area.

Also exclude locations in your campaign, India and Pakistan. Here is detailed article by Googler:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/AdWords-Targeting-Receiving-Clicks-from-ou...

hope that helps! If you have more questions, please let us know.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’