Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

conversions, view through conversions and converted clicks

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Experts,

Can anyone explain me exact difference between these 3 column in Google Adwords?

And why is there data discrepancy?

Re: conversions, view through conversions and converted clicks

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Mansoor,

You probably have set Conversion Tracking to measure a user key action on your website, such as a sale, download, form fill or anything else.

View Through Conversions
A view-through conversion happens when a customer sees an image or rich media ad, then later completes a conversion on your site.

Converted clicks
The "Converted clicks" column shows you the number of AdWords ad clicks resulting in one or more conversions within your chosen conversion window

Conversions
For each conversion action, you can choose to count all or unique conversions. The "Conversions" column of your reports will display all conversions within your chosen conversion window, according to your selected counting method

You can find a lot of information about those, here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722023?hl=en
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722022?hl=en
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3438531

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello leandrofm,

Thanks for taking time on writing but What you answered I Already know. issue is I am not able to understand why there is data discrepancy in my adwords account for these 3 conversion type. It would be good if you can explain me via any example.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mansoor,

If you could provide what you measure as a conversion and some numbers from this three metrics, it would help a lot.

It's difficult to give an clear example since somethings may change from site to site. What's exactly is the discrepancy you're having?

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Mansoor,

As @leandrofm mentions, with View Through conversions, the user sees the ad, but doesn't click on it. Later they go to your website and complete a conversion action. Therefore, it should be reflected in your "view through conversions" and "conversions" but not "click conversions" as there was no click.

"Click conversions" will also be rolled up into your "conversions" column, but will not be reported in your "view thru conversions"

The "Conversions" column is a sort of aggregator of conversion data.

However, as @leandrofm mentioned, it would be very helpful to have more detail to provide a better-tailored solution.

Thank you.