Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

conversion optimizer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

What are people's experience with conversion optimizer? Favourable?

Anything to be weary of if using it?

Also, if you set conversion optimizer to run on a campaign level, will it attempt to hit a targeted cost per conversion for the campaign as a whole, or on an individual keyword basis. So, could you have keywords with cost per conversions that exceed the targeted cost per conversion?

I hope this question makes sense

thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Will P
October 2015

Re: conversion optimizer

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Will,
GREAT question and one that MANY people don't ask. Conversion Optimizer optimizes on a campaign level and not a keyword level. It's VERY important to understand that. So yes, you may get some keywords converting at much higher CPAs than usual.

In my experience, I've found it very hard to get CO to beat a keyword or even ad group optimization plan. If you plan to manage your account daily, I think you'll find the same. CO is really for much larger accounts or for advertisers who want a hands off approach.

You should test it with a few campaigns. However, do NOT include your branded campaign in this. For obvious reasons.

I manage a LOT of accounts and conversion optimizer is not active on any of them. I've just never been able to get it to beat my own personal CPAs or volume at that CPA.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Will P
October 2015

Re: conversion optimizer

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Will,
GREAT question and one that MANY people don't ask. Conversion Optimizer optimizes on a campaign level and not a keyword level. It's VERY important to understand that. So yes, you may get some keywords converting at much higher CPAs than usual.

In my experience, I've found it very hard to get CO to beat a keyword or even ad group optimization plan. If you plan to manage your account daily, I think you'll find the same. CO is really for much larger accounts or for advertisers who want a hands off approach.

You should test it with a few campaigns. However, do NOT include your branded campaign in this. For obvious reasons.

I manage a LOT of accounts and conversion optimizer is not active on any of them. I've just never been able to get it to beat my own personal CPAs or volume at that CPA.