Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

conversion optimizer and scheduling

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello All,

I am little confused about Google Conversion Optimizer and Ad Scheduling. I have a campaign which CO enabled from more than 6 months and now as per the requirement, I would like to schedule my ads in perticular days and hours. Interestingly I found an option for Ad Scheduling with % of bid increase/decrease for CO enabled campaign. I would like to know if we schedule ads for a CO enabled campaign will it contradict with the Google CO logic?

Thanks,

Karim SK.

Search Engine Marketing.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author karimulla S
September 2015

Re: conversion optimizer and scheduling

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Karimuila S,

Welcome,

Its not a good idea to use "Ad scheduling" for a campaign which is opted into CO. Conversion Optimizer automatically accounts for differences in conversion rates across devices, days, times, and locations. Because bid adjustments are already built into the technology that Conversion Optimizer uses.So it’s not necessary to set separate adjustments.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Karimullas,

Please see this link for more information, Conversion Optimizer is compatible with Basic Ad Scheduling but not with Advanced one.

https://support.google.com/partners/answer/152565?hl=en

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Shuva,

Thanks for your quick response. Yes, you are right. I Both have almost same benefits. For CO, we are allowing to Google to optimize bids in peak hours based on conversion history and ad scheduling is we are doing manually from our end. I also feel it is not required to setup ad scheduling for CO enabled campaigns.

Thanks,
Karim SK.
Search Engine Marketing.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Nisal,

Thanks for providing useful link. I just want to know what is the exact difference b/w basic and advanced ad scheduling.

As per my understanding, basic ad scheduling allow us only upto days and hours and advanced ad scheduling allow bid adjustments and customized reporting. Is it correct?

Thanks,
Karim SK.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author karimulla S
September 2015

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Yes bid adjustments etc goes under advanced ad scheduling