3.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

competition strategy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a new account from tampa fl. He wants to generate more calls to his fha mortgage service. BUT ITS COMPETITIVE. he would love more phone calls for his sales teams but how should i do this. His ad spend in 300 a month. Do I get his ads live in tampa only ? should I do it for multiple counties to get more impressions. Should i focus on exact match or phrase match ? Help me plleeeeaase

1 Expert replyverified_user

competition strategy

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Nathan,

Start with a keyword that is totally relevant with the most search volume, make it exact match, limit it to Tampa, aim for #3 or #4 position and see what happens.

$300 a month is really low. Just run ads during business hours, and desktop. At $14 per day that'd be perhaps one click.

If you tried lots of keywords, then that budget will be spread so thinly it will take ages to find out which keywords are working. Imagine spending $1400 on 100 keywords (each has has one $14 click) to find out that 5 had a conversion each and the rest nothing yet. There's no statistically relevant data to work with...

By starting with the most obvious single keyword, you can test ads, test landing pages, test devices, days and all the other factors that could make a difference. 

competition strategy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If you had the choice what would be the ad spend you would invest in this situation

competition strategy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If you had the choice what would be the ad spend you would invest in this situation

competition strategy

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

As long as the daily budget is sufficient to cover the cost of a single click, the budget can be anything they want.

A low budget means less clicks, less leads, and longer to get meaningful data about which keywords/ads are working.

A high budget means more leads and meaningful data arrives sooner.