AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

clicks but not getting calls?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just set up my campaign yesterday, and only got 20 clicks on it in 3 hours but not any single call. what is the reason, could you please help me into this?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: clicks but not getting calls?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

There could be a whole bunch of reasons.... byt here are some of the questions you should ask yourself:

1. are the people who are clicking expecting to find what is on your site? Check the relevance for your keywords and ads.

2. do visitors from other traffic sources call you? If 50% of the visitors from organic search end up calling you then you might expect a decent number of your AdWords visitors to also call - but if no one calls from roganic search, why would AdWords visitors be any different?

3. how long did these visitors spend on your site? Check the bounce rate and time on site data - again - how does this commpare with traffic from other sources?

With only 20 clicks it's hard to generalize, but this will be a start.

Do also remember that no matter how well you qualify your visitors in terms of very relevant keywords and ad copy, the website still needs to do its work to convert the visitor into a lead. A poor website and/or a poor product/service cannot be "improved" by a good campaign (in most cases - political camapigns seem to manage this on occasions!).

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Monikaji,

@Monikaji wrote:

I have just set up my campaign yesterday, and only got 20 clicks on it in 3 hours but not any single call. what is the reason, could you please help me into this?

One day is not enough to judge the performance of any campaign. You need to give it time and continue with your optimization strategies to look for better results.

I would suggest you to wait for sometime and then measure the performance of your campaign in terms of search terms, CTR, negative keywords, ad extensions etc...

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

There could be a whole bunch of reasons.... byt here are some of the questions you should ask yourself:

1. are the people who are clicking expecting to find what is on your site? Check the relevance for your keywords and ads.

2. do visitors from other traffic sources call you? If 50% of the visitors from organic search end up calling you then you might expect a decent number of your AdWords visitors to also call - but if no one calls from roganic search, why would AdWords visitors be any different?

3. how long did these visitors spend on your site? Check the bounce rate and time on site data - again - how does this commpare with traffic from other sources?

With only 20 clicks it's hard to generalize, but this will be a start.

Do also remember that no matter how well you qualify your visitors in terms of very relevant keywords and ad copy, the website still needs to do its work to convert the visitor into a lead. A poor website and/or a poor product/service cannot be "improved" by a good campaign (in most cases - political camapigns seem to manage this on occasions!).

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

You need to give it more time and optomise your ad text for higher click through rate. You are ushally looking for about 1 call for every 20 clicks. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

If calls are important and your target audience use mobile devices try this:  (it's gold!)

1. Increase your bids for mobile devices
  2. Set the call extension option to only allow phone call for mobile devices - rather than visit the site

Every click from a mobile device becomes a phone call.

You should be willing to pay far more on mobile device as only display top 2, but conversion rates of websites are no longer a problem.

Let me know how you go.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jayson,
Your suggestion may not work well always.
I have tried Display Mob only campaign, and attracted 48 clicks (calls)with Avg. Position 1.9.
Unfortunately not received any call. I have tried different phone number also.

If anybody have any similar experience , please share to solve the issue!

Sam
contact@3step.in