2.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

clicks but no calls

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok so my name is bill and i own Shiners Window cleaners Inc. in the suburbs of philly. ive had my adwords up for about a month and a half. I am also using anylitics i am getting clicks but not many calls. My guess is that my web site may be driving customer away. Also when i attempted to search my area this morning my ad doesnt even show up.this is very confusing. Any help from someone would be greatly appreciated

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: clicks but no calls

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Bill,

In your specific case, conversions seem to mean a phone call. If you're getting clicks okay but they don't convert that's typically a Landing Page issue. If your website is driving users away, that's really bad news and you'll need re-modelling.

There might be various reasons for which you can't see the ad. The most typical reason is that in case the daily budget is not high enough to support the ad thru 24 Hrs of the day, it will only show intermittently. On a related note, please use the Ad Preview And Diagnosis tool under the Tools and Analysis tab to view the ad, so as not to distort your stats. 

Best,

Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Bill,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

W_cave wrote:

Ok so my name is bill and i own Shiners Window cleaners Inc. in the suburbs of philly. ive had my adwords up for about a month and a half. I am also using anylitics i am getting clicks but not many calls. My guess is that my web site may be driving customer away. Also when i attempted to search my area this morning my ad doesnt even show up.this is very confusing. Any help from someone would be greatly appreciated

Driving phone calls with the help of Adwords is certainly possible if you use Call Extensions. Now here also you have multiple opitions wherein in one, you can assign a Google forwarding number to your regular text ad and once user dials that number, that call gets recorded in your Adwords account. You can see that data inside Dimensions Tab>> Call Details.

Another option is to assign your Business Phone Number to high end mobile devices so that when someone browsing through their phones can see your ad and calls you directly.

I am not sure if you have been using any of these options till date. You can find more about the call extensions in this article.

I would not prefer you to look for your own ad on live google search. It hampers your own impressions, CTR etc... There's Ad Preview Tool meant for the advertisers. Use it without any harm.

Let us know if that helps somewhere!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok so a suggestion on call extensions?  Since im on a limited buget is it better to use the google # or my business #

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again,

If you want only mobile users to reach you, then you can only set the call extensions for those users, otherwise for desktop users, using Google forwarding number would be the best option. I prefer Call extensions with Google forwarding number and uses for majority of my clients. Rest it's upto you. I would also advice you to go through the article I referred in my prior post.

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
You can use Google# since you will be paying the same cpc as somebody clicks on your ad.

Your only have to pay $1 if somebody manuals dials the Google#
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Lakatos (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello.

Bill, it's the website. It's a lot of information crammed in there, but no structure and sadly there are even some mistakes. If you could get someone to build you a nice website (nothing too complicated), write some good content (taking directions from you but writing the copy themselves), and place some great before / after pictures and some customer testimonials, things would certainly look different.

You could also have trouble seeing your ad in case your quality score has decreased in time. In such situations it's better to use the AdWords Preview Tool (https://adwords.google.com/d/AdPreview/) when logged into your account. If you do that, the system usually tells you why your ad does not run.

Later edit: I even found a website which illustrates much of what I've been telling you: http://newalbanywindowcleaning.com/

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Bill

I have managed a few of these campaigns and can appreciate that phone calls at times can be limited.

My previous clients offered strata cleaning, domestic and commercial cleaning.

The biggest thing I did to assist my clients in generating more leads (phone calls) is comprised of the following list:

• Have strong call to actions in your ads (Call Now, Call For Free Quote and insert your number in the ads)
  • Use Site links and Call Extensions as they can generate MORE and CHEAPER leads

(http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375499)

•  

Use [exact match] and +broad +match +modified keywords to increase relevance and at times cheaper CPC

The following points are website recommendations:

• Have your phone number and web enquiry form on every page possible
  •  

Assure your site is mobile and tablet responsive

Hope this helps

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Implement those basic tactics, so your budget won't drain out.

Set bidding by the hour (use analytics for best practices).

Have the landing page optimized with a great Call to Action.

You can even put your phone # as part of the ad.

Hope this helps a little.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Change your website, it does look a bit amature - sorry to be so blunt! Stick to the point, if I'm wanting my windows cleaned I don't want to read your life history, I just want clean windows! Your home page ain't too bad, but the headline text is blurred and looks grubby. I DO like the before and after pictures and I kinda like the main house picture, but get a couple of quotes from decent webpage designers. If I was looking for a window cleaner I would scan all the ads, but you don't want that, you want someone to be so taken by your page that they phone you straight away...