AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

clicks but no calls

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am getting many clicks each day on one word that is maxing out my budget early in the day, but am not getting the phone calls.  I hate to think negatively, but how do I find out if a competitor is clicking on me so he can kick me of of position and remove me?  How can that be prevented if that is the case?  I am running through money and not getting the results I should be.

Re: clicks but no calls

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Liz,

Sad to hear you're having negative experience with AdWords. 

However, there's very little probability that your competitors are clicking away your money. The reason is Google's automatic filtering system which works quite well. You can read about filtering invalid clicks here and see a report of invalid clicks in your campaigns if you follow the instructions

You'll probably want to review your ads, keywords and landing pages and make sure they all are nicely associated with each other. Be sure you're offering products and services that are relevant to your keywords and ad texts. Work with your campaigns and I'm almost sure you'll start receiving phone calls. 

milda

Re: clicks but no calls

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Liz, Mildaster's advice is pertinent here - there is another thing you can do and that is to ask Google to spread your clicks across the day rather than letting them slurp up your budget early on!

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404248?hl=en

You can then work out which times of day are best for you, and bid appropriately.

Hope this helps!

If you see the answer to your question in this discussion, please mark that post as an accepted solution so it can help others like you to resolve their issue in the future.