AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

clicked off by a group in mountain view ca. 74.125.19.38, 74.125.178.19 others tried geo, ip block

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am constantly being clicked off by a group located in mountain View Ca. They hit one page in rapid succession and burn through my budget--very close ip addresses--tonight it was  74.125.19.38 , 74.125.178.19, 74.125.185.17. I tried a geo block of mountain view, i tried wild card ip blocks. They only way I can stop it is when I get a lot of clicks in succession i pause my account. after an hour or so i turn my account back on= any ideas

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: clicked off by a group in mountain view ca. 74.125.19.38, 74.125.178.19 others tried geo, ip blo

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello bkurple,

What kind of geographical settings you have inside your campaigns?

Please note that Google is very serious about the click fraud activity and if they found something happening with the advertiser's account, the amount is credited back automatically. You can cross check that by looking at the Billing Details.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6114

Have you tried IP exclusion Tool if you think that these IPs are suspicious and are eating away your daily budget?

You can also try this troubleshooter and let Adwords know in case you think it's a click fraud activity and Adwords would further investigate that.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: clicked off by a group in mountain view ca. 74.125.19.38, 74.125.178.19 others tried geo, ip blo

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi bkurple,

These addresses (74.125.19.38 , 74.125.178.19, 74.125.185.17) are not really very close at all. They all share a Class B subnet. There are over 65,000 addresses in that subnet. The first 2 share a Class C subnet, a much smaller number.

How many clicks do you get in what amount of time? Have you added the invalid click data column to your campaign tab? That will tell you how many invalid clicks Google thinks you did get. You can submit evidence or invalid clicks from your web logs, too.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Same problem from mountain view , we are receiving invalid clicks from the following IP range
66.249.78.*
66.249.65.*
I'm still receiving invalid clicks out of my Geo and time selection !!

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.