2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

choosing between search and display network campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

would both a search network campaign and a display network campaign be good for a towing business? or should i stick to the search network only?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: choosing between search and display network campaigns

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

You can try using both the networks, search and display.

Because you might lose an opportunity in display network.

You can set up two campaigns, one for  search network only and other for display network only.

Depending on the performance you can opt for the campaigns you think are converting.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Towing service is a service people are looking for only when need it, and on the road. I would keep it to a search campaign but include a mobile campaign

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Carlos and welcome,

It's a good question Smiley Happy

If I think about towing business quickly, all I can see is that the user is looking for an instant help and immediate solution. So first preference would be Google search where the user might be using a mobile phone or a tab to look for quick solution and some company which can help him get out of that situation. That's my point of view here.

But there is a different segment of users who might be browsing the websites and might look for help in terms of towing there as well. 

So if you have additional advertising cost, you might think of investing on Google Display Network as well and try to improve your Company Brand name with the help of text, image, display ads etc... Of course I would suggest you to create a separate Google Display Network Campaign and then see if it works out well or not.

Read more Google Network here: http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1721923

My thoughts!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I cannot imagine a situation where I would see an ad for a towing service and decide to get my car towed somewhere - Moshe is spot on - search and mobile... although I might have a laptop or a tablet in the car so not to exclude these but the bulk of the budget to mobile - that would be the first place I'd go as I would know I need to call someone...