Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

change back from shared to old budget

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

We put a bunch of campaigns in a shared budget a week ago, but now want to switch back to the old budget for each campaign. Of course we didn´t take notes of the old budget for each campaign before, and now we seemingly can´t switch back to what it was...

Anyone who knows if it may be possible to do find the old budget or just switch that in any way?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: change back from shared to old budget

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

If you check the Change History option in your account, you may find the old budget numbers listed where it shows that you changed your budgeting. (I'm not certain if the program captures this information or not.)

Aside from that, all you can do is check to see about how much each campaign was spending on an average daily basis and use that information as a guideline for where to set your new budgets.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi David, have you looked in Change History?

Alternatively, if you get no joy there, and the Campaigns were hitting their budgets most days, you could look back to a time before the change and examine Cost data...  I'll admit, I thought budgets reverted to their old settings when shared budgets were removed...

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Would it work to check an old copy of the account made with the AdWords editor ? It stores also budget information in the campaign settings.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David_Precisera
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks all for your proposed solutions.
I could not see the earlier budget in change history and had no old copy of the account (only a new one where the old numbers had been overwritten).
So I checked spend for last month for each campaign and put budgets in align with that.
Had to be done online, campaign by campaign (no support for that in Editor).

Cheers!