Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

can we target indians who are lives in other countries

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

One of our client started their online services[health]  all over the world. Now he want to target all Indians who are lives in all over the world apart from India, How can i target these people

Any strategy for this one help me

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: can we target indians who are lives in other countries

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Aravindh,

You can set up your campaign with language Targeting Hindi only.Your target location would be All Countries and Target language would be Hindi.Keep in mind that you will have to create your ads in Hindi language as Google is not going to translate that in particular language.

I am not assuring you that the above idea will give you better result because there so many Indians across the globe who use English while they are searching on Google.So you will miss those customers if you set your target language as Hindi. Its really tough to target those audiences.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Shuva !

Try to target a hindi word anywhere with the keyword planner and you will see almost no traffic as if nobody writes in this language) , I have tried from google translate with words like car, phone, shirt, clothes.

I have no ideea why.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi aravindh,
That is an interesting question. I wouldn't really agree with the above suggested solutions because India is a diverse country and not every one speaks or reads Hindi though its our national language. I would suggest you to target your keywords on the things you are trying to promote instead of searching for ways to target a specific ethnicity. We do not have any specific setting to dissect ads by ethnicity. If you are promoting products or services that are most likely to be used by Indians then it would be obvious that only Indians would be using specific keywords to search for such services or products. On the other hand be specific with the negative keywords so that you wouldn't attract irrelavant traffic. I hope this helps you.

Regards -
Santhosh Lakkaraju.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Aravindh,
Adding to my points I would exclude India in the location target settings and include the countries you intend to promote your ads.

Best regards -
Santhosh Lakkaraju.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you all,

As per your discussion i got one point we can target not in Geo it is better to set language targeting.....
and is their any option target only google.co.in in other countries exclude India....!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes you can target specific locations and exclude the one you don't want. you can find more information on how to set or target specific locations.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722043
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqeLTT_ZMKk

Regards-
Santhosh Lakkaraju.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Aravindh,

I would suggest here to be very specific with your keywords and Adcopies. Add in your adcopy India. People who are not interested to take medical services from India or by Indians will not click your ad (most cases). You are providing online services or this is medical tourism? Add keywords in your negative list such as "treatment in uk" etc. This is just an example as I am not sure what kind of services you re providing.

Thanks
Neha Gupta
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’