AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

can we add same keywords for different ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have doubts in ads and keywords..i need your help guys..

Questions:

1. can we add same keywords for different ads under one campaign

2. can we add same keywords for  more than one campaigns 

3. will this work and will my ads display for different ads created under one campaign

pls refer the screenshot given below and know your suggestion..

I have created 4ads under one campaign with same keywords..will this work? 

cam-jan-22N-14.jpg

thanks in advance

sam

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: can we add same keywords for different ads

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Sam,

Replicating same keywords across different campaigns/different ad groups targeting same location doesn't make any sense in my opinion. Fact is that only one keyword per account is going to trigger an ad for you. So, you should avoid duplication in your account. It's better you should try to keep it neat and clean.

Yes you can add multiple ad variations within a single ad group which is actually a good practice to test which ad copy works and which not. Tha'ts called A/B split testing. For that, make sure you rotate your ads in the campaign settings under Ad Rotation.

My couple of cents!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes you can but never do that.Advertisers think they might have double the chance of success if they bid on the same keyword more than once but the fact is completely opposite you have to compete with yourself.

The reason for bidding on a keyword in the first place is to show up over a competitor’s ad. But if you are bidding on the same keyword as the same advertiser, then you’re bidding against yourself.

The result of this can be two things:

1. You could negatively impact your own Quality Scores.
  2. You could end up increasing your cost per click .

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Sam,

Replicating same keywords across different campaigns/different ad groups targeting same location doesn't make any sense in my opinion. Fact is that only one keyword per account is going to trigger an ad for you. So, you should avoid duplication in your account. It's better you should try to keep it neat and clean.

Yes you can add multiple ad variations within a single ad group which is actually a good practice to test which ad copy works and which not. Tha'ts called A/B split testing. For that, make sure you rotate your ads in the campaign settings under Ad Rotation.

My couple of cents!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi pankaj

thanks to your reply.

but my question is ten keywords for different ads group under one campaign

also pls help me to select ad rotation..which one shall i select..screenshot given below

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi pankaj,
as per your suggestion "tha'ts called A/B split testing. For that, make sure you rotate your ads in the campaign settings under Ad Rotation"

which one shall i select in campaign settings

Ad delivery: Ad rotation, frequency capping

1. Optimize for clicks: Show ads expected to provide more clicks

2. Optimize for conversions: Show ads expected to provide more conversions

3. Rotate evenly: Show ads more evenly for at least 90 days, then optimize

4. Rotate indefinitely: Show lower performing ads more evenly with higher performing ads, and do not optimize

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Sam,

To start with, you can go for option 3 or option 4 as I mostly do, so that you get an idea of how both different version of ad copies are working for you. Once you have the data and you start getting conversions, then slowly and gradually you can move to the option 2 i.e. optimize for conversions. Remember that in this case, Adwords will mostly show the ad which has converted in the past and will prevent other ad copies to show.

So, in nutshell, it means that you will have to tweak this setting from time to time as per your account progress.

My thoughts!

Pankaj