1.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

can the location radious my ad reaches be reduced to less than 15 mile

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The calls i am receiving from my ad are coming from people too far from where I am and once they realise my location are then not interested.  Also as people outside of my local area are clicking on the ad i am effectively wasting clicks.  My question is: can the location radious be less than 15 miles so that only the people who are close enought to be interested in my ad will be the only ones clicking.  This is the first time I have had a website and have advertised on google so i am not sure if I am understanding how it works so would be happy for any help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: can the location radious my ad reaches be reduced to less than 15

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

You can go into the Campaign Settings tab, find the Locations column and click on it. It will open the Location editing dialogue box and you can change the settings. If your originally selected 15-mile radius targeting, you can reset it to a smaller area.

For what it's worth, you may find that your ads gets little or no traffic if you set ad serving to anything less than a 10-mile radius. Because of limitations in how online programs detect visitor physical locations, the smaller the area you choose, the more difficult it is for the program to 'know' whether or not a searcher is inside it.

Good luck!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*