AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

can't find A in the dimension which appears in GA.(A is B's matched search query)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There, here i got a question,

suppose Keyword A and B. Keyword A is B's matched search quesry.half a month has passed and when i check adwords and GA, i just can find A in the dimension's search terms in adwords but it appears in GA. why and how?

Re: can't find A in the dimension which appears in GA.(A is B's matched search query)

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi,

I'm not sure I fully understand your questions. Can you explain it more clearly for me?

One thing I can suggest from what you said, are you looking at keywords in analytics or matched search queries?

In the dimensions tab, add the search query column so you can see the actual query used and which keyword it triggered with.

Not sure if that helps, but if not, give me more detail and I'll see what I can do.

Re: can't find A in the dimension which appears in GA.(A is B's matched search query)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi dear purefuzz,

i am looking for the actual query used that triggered my ads. Normally, it is sure can be checked under the dimension tab, the search terms, but there is no record there. then i turn to Google Analytics, finally i digged it out.

my question is why there is no record under the dimension' search terms however GA got that.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

hi itchyfeet,

What date range are you looking for the data? Is it the past 48 hours? I know it can take up to 2 days for the dimensions section to have the data in AdWords and analytics can show this sooner.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
sure, i forgot to mention it just now, it is two weeks later that i found this problem

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

Could it be that it is one of the those "other search terms" that AdWords doesn't report stats on but analytics somehow was able to get the data? This is the only thing I can really think of.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

itchyfeeet wrote:
sure, i forgot to mention it just now, it is two weeks later that i found this problem

One of the possible reson could be Less searches & clicks on this period in Adowrds.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
what do u mean by "other search terms", could u list or sth for me.Actually, in my account, i can absolutely find the word triggered our ads and we charged by that one click, and it is true Google Analytics report it.

somehow, i am still confused, dear Purefuzz.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

itchyfeeet wrote:
what do u mean by "other search terms", could u list or sth for me.Actually, in my account, i can absolutely find the word triggered our ads and we charged by that one click, and it is true Google Analytics report it.

somehow, i am still confused, dear Purefuzz.

Your search term data appears on the next page. Keep the following in mind when looking into impressions and clickthrough rates for search terms with very few ad clicks: impressions for a term are only shown in the table if your ad received at least one click within 30 days of the impression occurring. Otherwise, the impressions are recorded in the "Other search terms" row in the table. See below for more information about the "Other search terms" row.

Source - http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2472708

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi dear Anil, how that can be explained? this word actually triggered my ads, and my account actual charged by that click, and in the analytics, i actual find the search term through various positioning and finallydigged it out.