Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

can i use my old conversion metric to new campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I am new to Adwords and have a question on conversion. I have conversion metric set up for my old campaigns. The metric is Lead. But now i paused my old campaigns and created two new campaigns. But, I'm not seeing any conversions in my new campaigns. I am only getting clicks but they are not leading to conversions. Is there anything i should to do to associate my new campaigns with old conversion metric to see conversions in my new campaigns. I am also have no clue if my clicks are actually getting converted

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Sivaganth

Re: can i use my old conversion metric to new campaigns

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Sivaganth A , Welcome to the AdWords Community Robot Very Happy

A Lead conversion can be a tracking code placed on a page from your site, it is not a metric in itself. Whenever somebody visits multiple pages from your site and reaches that page, the conversion count should be incremented by 1.

Now let's identify first what page it is . Go to "Tools and analysis / Conversions and click on the conversion name, the 1st column where the blue text is. On the 3rd column there is the word Lead. Once you click on the conversion name, it shows you the actual page/ pages that are tracked.

In a normal setup you would be tracking a conversion like a thank you page after a certain action like completing an online form. This way whenever somebody completed the form, the second page that shows up after the click on the button "Submit form" is a "Thank you for completing our form" with a conversion code on it.

1) Now the question : is that page with the conversion code completely isolated from your site ? ( meaning there are no links from other pages to that page)

2) If yes , than the previous campaign used that web page as a Destination page for the Ads ? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian,

Thank you so much for your response.
For your question,
-The pages with conversion code is still present in the site and those pages are still working fine but still not getting any conversions.

Any reason why i am still seeing 0 conversions. Any thoughts would be helpful

Thanks,
Sivaganth

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Unfortunately this is difficult to diagnose,and many back and forth messages can occur because forum members do not have access to your account or site.

This can be done more easy by Google staff if you call them to take a look into your account setup.

Could you share the URL that is your lead page ? This way I could check the source code and complete a conversion to see if it brings up the "thank you page".

You can check if the conversion code is active by installing a Chrome plug-in called "Tag Assistant" . The procedure is described here : link

I tested once a conversion like this : I picked a keyword that was really really cheap ( some of mine are bellow 0.1 $ ) , type it as a search term and click on my Ad . After this step I completed a conversion form. This way I acted like my potential client and I could see in around 4 hours if the conversion is recorded. It is the lazy way of testing a conversion but it works.

1) One more thing : is your conversion defined in AdWords or an imported goal from analytics ?

If it is a Goal from analytics , in the Conversions tab you can see in the second column (Source = Analytics) instead of (Source = webpage ). This could explain a 48-72 hours delay in reading conversion data. This is explained in the page about data freshness here : link

2) I'll have to ask again : was your conversion page a Landing page / Destination URL in the Ads of the previous Campaign ? This could explain a large conversion count previously vs. none in the present.