AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

can i use any tool to active low search volume keywords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

can i use any tool to active low search volume keywords?

such as, i search in google again and again for low search volume keywords to active it

any suggestion about low search volume keywords?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: can i use any tool to active low search volume keywords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Yes, you can create filter in adwords UI to see all low search volume keywords.

Go to Filter> Create Filter> Select Status from drop down> Select only Low search Volume >> Apply.

And then you can select all keywords & Activate them

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i still do not understand
how to active low search volume keywords?
i do not mean pause it then active it
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello,
I am sorry to misunderstood your questions before. If i am understanding your query correctly, you want to optimize low search volume keywords.
Although low search volume keywords does not effect our campaign if there is no impressions or clicks. And it is advisable to keep them untouched.
There are two kinds of stats i have analyzed so far:

• We see few impressions and very less click. Suppose 3 Impressions and 1 clicks, CTR = 33.33%. In this case i would not prefer taking any action against such keywords as they are contributing to overall campaign CTR.
  • We see many impressions but no click. Suppose 100 clicks but no click. In such a case i prefer to given these keywords second change by raising bids and next few days. If it still does not work for me, I prefer to pause such keywords. 
Optimize Low search volume keywords:

• You can seperate low search volume keywords from you current adgroup. By keeping these keywords seperately you will be able to manage them at adgroup level.
  • Keep your bids higher so that you won't loose on ad position for these keywords. Don't worry, you will pay close to your current bid a few times, but once you establish good stats you can reduce the bid and scan have your ads displayed
  • Keep low search volume keywords in broad match type along with exact & phrase. So that it can be trgiggered for other search terms that are close varaint to your low search volume keyword.
  • If your low search volume keywords are "long tail keywords", try to shorten them to so that they can reach broader audience.

Just a thought! Hope it makes some sense!

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello dailyearner,

What I understand from your query is that you want your ads to be shown for the low search volume keywords. Please correct me if it's not the case here.

Going by above conclusion, I could say that it's not you who is going to make those keywords active, but it's Google, which will automatically change the status from low search volume to eligible if they find that enough people have started searching for those keywords and there is some increase in the search volume of those keywords in Google.

One way could be that you pause these keywords and introduce some another variations in your account which have some healthy search volume.

Another could be that let them be as it is and if moving forward, searches for those keywords increases, your ad might start delivering for them.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thx for your help!