AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

can i show an ad on a specific URL on a specific site in the Display Network?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.  Is it possible to target a specific URL on a specific site for a display ad in Google's Display Network?  For example, if I was selling widgets and I found a blog that displays ads for widgets, and I specifically wanted to target www.WidgetBlog.org/widgetx.html for my widgetx product, can i do this?  I know it is possible to target www.widgetBlog.org but can I fine tune to the page on widgetblog.org? 

thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: can i show an ad on a specific URL on a specific site in the Display Network?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey barb_Aol,

Yes - you can open an Ad Group and a "Managed placement" to it, you can use these links to learn how to do that:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2471182

Good Luck,

Asaf

Re: can i show an ad on a specific URL on a specific site in the Display Network?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi asafpaz. I understand how to add a Google Display partner's site to managed placements; e.g. if I want to run my ad group on widgetblog.org I can add widgetblog.org to my adgroup. I understand what the display network is about -- people opt into it as a way of generating revenue for their blog, org .info, edu site. They are not necessarily selling a product, just catching people as they read and then presenting them with a passive ad to test if they are in the mood to purchase what they have just read or researched. If the user converts to a buyer, then good for the store who used the display network.

So just to clarify, can I target widgetblog.org/widgetA.html as a single product pagewithin widgetblog.org that coresponds to my widgetA that I am selling on my own widgetSite?

I think this would be more relevant and useful then just sending people to products on my site that may or may not be interested in.I hope I can do this. If not, I don't see any real value to the display network. Maybe for large cos with massive ad budgets, but not for small companies like mine.

thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Just to confirm, yes, you can choose URLs as managed placements that are more granular than simply the domain name of the site you're interested in.  For an example, see:

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2471182

On that page, if you click in the plus box for Option 1: Manually add managed placements you will see this text (emphasis added):

"If you'd like to add multiple placements at once to your ad group, and you already have a list of websites in mind, click the Add multiple placements at once link at the bottom of the box. Type in there the placement URLs using this format: example.com or example.com/topic."

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author barb_Aol
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

that's what i want!  thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have tried to do exactly what you said and it will not allow me, every time I put in a specific URL such as www.widget.com/sale I get an error message when I try to save which reads "placement urls must be provided in a valid URL format". I have no issue adding just www.widget.com but anything with text past .com gives the above error message everytime. What am I doing wrong?

scott